- Some individuals call it “the Morning After Pill”.
- You may get ECP at pharmacies and community wellness clinics. You don’t need a prescription.
Who is able to simply take ECP?
- ECP is safe for nearly every body that is female. You shouldn’t make use of ECP because it won’t work) if you know you are pregnant (mainly.
Whenever might I would like to just take ECP?
- You’d penis-vagina sex but weren’t utilizing any birth control, or perhaps you believe the delivery control you used may well not been employed by.
- You missed a couple of birth prevention pills in a pack along with been penis–vagina that is having without any other kind of birth prevention.
- You had been significantly more than a week later for the planned birth control shot.
Note: ECP can also be employed if you had been obligated to own penis–vagina intercourse. Should this happen, you might like to phone the Assault that is sexual Crisis at 204-786-8631 or 1-888-292-7565 to talk with a counsellor for support options.
Whenever can I just just take ECP?
- Swallow the tablet together at the earliest opportunity following the sexual intercourse.
- You don’t need to simply just take any longer pills in the future. It’s a good clear idea to sleep after.
What will ECP do?
- If taken in 24 hours or less of unsafe sex, it will lessen the likelihood of maternity by about 95%.
- If taken within 48 hours of unsafe sex, it shall lessen the odds of maternity by about 85%.
- If taken within 72 hours of non-safe sex, it shall lower the odds of maternity by about 58%.
- ECP may build up to 5 times after non-safe sex.
- You may expect your duration within 1-3 days of using ECP. Visit your medical care provider or perhaps a grouped community wellness centre for a maternity test in the event that you don’t get your duration within 3 months.
Exactly what will ECP maybe maybe not do?
- ECP wont pregnancy that is prevent of that time.
- ECP will likely not stop a maternity if you’re currently expecting.
- ECP will likely NOT protect you against intimately sent infections (STIs) including HIV.
Any kind of side-effects?
Severe unwanted effects are unusual. Minor side-effects could consist of:
- Spotting or bleeding between periods.
- Your period will come at a various time than typical .
- Nausea (experiencing ill into the belly) and vomiting (puking).
- Abdominal stomach that is( discomfort.
- Frustration or feeling tired.
If these signs last more than 2 times, contract your medical provider.
May I simply take such a thing to stop feeling sick?
- A lot of people don’t feel nauseous after using ECP, you could have a half or an anti-nausea that is whole thirty minutes before using ECP to prevent nausea (puking).
- It might not work and you may need another dose if you vomit within 2 hours after taking the pill. Speak to a pharmacist once you can, to learn what you should do.
- You are able to contact a pharmacist or community wellness centre to have information.
May I just simply take ECP whenever i’ve condomless intercourse?
- Utilize ECP as crisis contraception just. It really is safe but problematic for the human body to procedure.
- You don’t want to get pregnant, use a more reliable method of birth control, such as birth control pills or condoms if you are going to have penis-vagina sex, and.
Just exactly What i’m pregnant if I take ECP and don’t know that?
- ECP will likely not end a preexisting pregnancy.
- There’s no proof that ECP will damage a fetus.
Just exactly What can I do when I finish using ECP?
- Make use of a trusted birth prevention technique that best suits you, if you’re having penis-vagina intercourse.
- For those who have contraception pills, you can begin a fresh pack straight away after using ECP. There is no need to hold back for the duration to begin.
- In the event that you don’t get a period of time within 3 months after using ECP, perhaps you are expecting and may start thinking about a house maternity test, or finding a test done at your medical provider, teen clinic, or community wellness centre.
- You are able to head to a residential area wellness hospital or speak with a general public wellness nursing assistant about birth prevention, STI tests, a Pap test, maternity test, abortion, use, parenting, or other medical issues.
wemagine if I have expecting despite using ECP?
- If you’re expecting, communicate with a counsellor at a residential district wellness center https://brightbrides.net/croatian-brides/ or health that is public immediately.
- Think about your choices and then make the decision that is correct for your needs.
Let’s say I can’t pay for ECP?
- ECP costs around $30-50.
- If price can be an issue, take to calling your district health center or women’s wellness centre. You can also contact a teen clinic if you are under 22 years old.
Where may I have more information?
- From your own medical care provider, community wellness hospital, or general public wellness nursing assistant. If you want a health that is regular provider, call the Family Doctor Finder at 204-786-7111 or toll-free at 1-866- 690-8260, or head to www.gov.mb.ca/health/familydoctorfinder.
- Through the known Facts of Life online: email the questions you have to email@example.com.
- From a teenager center if you’re under 22 years old.
SERC thinks that most folks have the best to get into unbiased sexual and reproductive wellness information and services. They need to also provide the chance to explore their values and attitudes to make informed choices that are best suited for them, and have now those choices supported and respected. SERC supports and defends a pregnant person’s appropriate to select parenting, use, or abortion.
Developed in collaboration with Klinic Community health insurance and Literacy Partners of Manitoba 2007